Ed Sheeran involved in cycling accident
Cycling accidents can happen to anyone
Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran was involved in a nasty accident on his bicycle after reportedly struck by a car at the weekend.
"A visit to my doctors confirmed fractures in my right wrist and left elbow," he said on Instagram, alongside a picture of his arm in a cast.
"I'm waiting to see how the healing progresses before we have to decide on shows beyond that," the star said. "Please stay tuned for more details."
The worldwide pop sensation was out riding on his bike when he was hit by the car, fracturing his wrist and elbow. This has now forced him to cancel several dates on his international tour.
Has this happened to you?
It’s not just celebrity superstars that are affected by bicycle accidents, and if this situation has happened to you, there are cycling accident legal experts who can advise on what to do.
What to do
- Move to a safe position if possible
- Take pictures of your injury
- Take pictures of any damage to your property i.e. bike, clothing
- Get contact details of any witnesses
- Do not give your only copy of witness details to the police when they arrive but do give them a copy of information
- Take down the name of the police officer and ask for the case reference number
- If involved in a motor collision like Ed, take down the drivers registration plate
- If possible, take down the driver's name, address and insurance details Get in touch with cycling accident solicitors who can take it from there
At Velosure, our crack team of cycling accident solicitors have a wealth of experience in winning claims of compensation for clients and their bikes.
We are with you every step of the way to guide you through the legal process, and ensure you receive any necessary treatment, aftercare, as well as repair and replacement of your bike.
To see how we can help in full, click here.
To speak to one of our friendly legal experts for a free consultation on making a cycling claim, call 0800 093 6313, or use our simple online form.